Promoting independence through employment
Easter Seals Crossroads Employment Division assists individuals who want to secure and/or maintain employment by providing services that match their needs, preferences, abilities and interests. Through a variety of programs, men and women with disabilities become more independent through various types of employment.
Employment Division Programs
- Career Assessment helps an individual discover his/her skills, interests and abilities through tests and on-site exposure to possible career paths.
- Employment Services helps individuals develop effective resumes and practice interviewing skills. Job placement, internships and community-based training are offered.
- Supported Employment helps individuals with significant barriers to employment by providing long-term assistance. Counselors assist with on-the-job training and follow-along support to ensure job retention.
- Our benefits specialists can work with individuals to understand current benefits or identify those benefits that might also be available as they relate to achieving job goals.
- Project: Connect to Work provides participants the opportunity to develop competitive skills; create a positive work history; build a resume and references; and earn while they learn and grow.
- Transition Services assist participating schools in linking students with disabilities to services that will prepare them for a successful transition to adult employment.
For more information about employment programs, please contact us.